Blissfest Rules & Policies
The Blissfest continues working to improve the unique, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of the annual festival while providing an enriching cultural experience for all. Our goal is to create a Blissfest community that is respectful and responsible for each other and the local year-round community that hosts the annual festival. We strive to be a positive addition to the area during Blissfest weekend with minimal impact. With these goals in mind, the Blissfest Music Organization will implement the following operational policies and revisit these reminders of proper etiquette.
Service Animals – Definition, Policies, and Procedures
Blissfest Music Festival welcomes and supports the rights and attendance of all persons with disabilities that rely on the special skills of a trained service animal.
Service Animal: We abide by the ADA’s definition of a service animal. A service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability. Emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.
Service Animal Policies: For our patrons with disabilities who wish to bring their service animals to the Annual Blissfest Music Festival, we ask that you review and follow the policies outlined below:
- The owner must contact the office ahead of time for a review of policies and procedures. (231) 348-7047
- Must provide up-to-date shot/ Vaccine records from a veterinarian for your service animal.
- Animal must be leashed at all times.
- Owner must keep the animal under control at all times.
- Owner must pick up and properly dispose of their animal’s waste.
- We reserve the right to remove and/or refuse access to any service animal from the campgrounds or venues if that animal is deemed to be a health or safety threat to festival patrons, staff, or other service animals, or in violation of these policies.
- Please note that all service dogs, including those from out of state, are subject to local dog ordinances, which include a valid rabies certificate.
Service Animal Procedures
All patrons with disabilities attending Blissfest Music Festival this year with a service animal will have that animal credentialed by Blissfest staff when entering the main gate. This process will be performed quickly and respectfully by our Staff. Staff will speak with you, record your contact information, and provide an optional collar tag for your service animal. Then you are good to go!